The thing that inspired me throughout this entire work was how free we were. We could do anything, lines, add texture, patterns, etc.. Also the medium seemed to be similar to tempera, which I prefer over to most mediums. When we were developing the piece, we first copied the part of one of our previous abstract pieces. Secondly we planned out what values correspond to the image. We then used color swathes that were close to the planned values with a color scheme of shades of blue/green. We did also tried to make the colors as close as possible for the first half of the piece. One thing I think we should have done is to not try to get the colors to an exact tee, as with what happened last time, we wasted a little time trying to achieve this. Also I think we should've used tape to make straighter shapes while painting. As well as the tools we used to make patterns were a bit too random for my taste.
Due to this piece being a group effort, we had collaborated/worked together throughout the entire project. For example you see me holding the ruler while Jaun traces over the pencil lines with sharpie. I also developed some experience with acrylic and now am aware of how it dries a shade or 2 darker and how easy it is to paint over mistakes. Like how when I was painting the dark area in the right corner there is a space on the left side a bit darker than the background, we had to paint over it once or twice to make it straight using tape. As mentioned a problem I solved is to use tape along the edge it is against to make it straighter. The black line in the bottom right was also fixed using this method.